Thursday, December 10, 2009

Believe

"You're a bitch."

Meant as a joke or not, that one word set me off today. I wanted to yell so badly, but it wasn't this person's fault. They have no idea what I've been through. I almost flipped my lid, but I just sat there and said, "Douche move." But really, I wanted to be like, "DO YOU KNOWWWW HOW MANY TIMES A DAY I USED TO HEAR THAT?! Do you understand how much I believed deep in my core that I was a bitch, that I was what he said I was?!" Once you hear something enough times, you really do start to think that you are what they say. That is until you get yourself away from the negativity. You heal and realize, you are nothing like he said. You are so much stronger, so much kinder, so much more than he ever gave you credit for. You truly believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment